With our POS and retail management solutions found in over 19,000 stores, iQmetrix is the largest retail software provider for the North American wireless industry. Beyond our POS, we offer powerful business intelligence, endless aisle, drop ship, e-commerce, and payment solutions, as well as an integrated network of over 35 partners – enabling us to be the single solution to multiple retail challenges. For nearly 20 years, we’ve proven our ability to be the #1 company for supporting wireless retail growth; helping carriers, dealers, and repair providers invest in software that reduces costly inefficiencies, increases profitability, and speeds up transaction times to create great customer experiences. Learn more at www.iQmetrix.com.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQmetrix:
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer to be responsible for the coding, design and layout of our developer portal.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services.
- Build our portal website from concept all the way to completion.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Be responsibile for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site.
- Direct or performing website updates.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Develop or validate test routines to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Identify problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Proven working experience in web programming including:
- Web server technologies such as ASP.NET and node.js.
- RESTful APIs.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of database systems, Object Oriented Programming.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Dedicated team player.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when decision making.
- Passionate about their work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.