Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQmetrix:
Ready is a software solutions company, operating under the iQmetrix umbrella, that designs and builds products for the restaurant industry. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of iQmetrix, the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. iQmetrix’s head office is in Vancouver with other offices in Regina, Winnipeg, Charlotte (North Carolina) and Denver. Our payment product is a secure, self-pay solution for full-service restaurants that turns every guest’s phone into a payment device. Our goal is to help restaurants be successful by creating solutions that enhance the dining experience for both staff and guests.
We’re looking for a talented UX/UI/Graphic designer with a strong product design background. You would be responsible for translating high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive user interfaces as well as establishing and maintaining the look and feel of the Ready brand across multiple platforms. You will be working in a fast paced, start-up-like environment to create amazing experiences for our clients and users.
- Own the design of new product features and enhancements.
- Establish and promote design guidelines for the product and the Ready Brand.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and Development team on the design strategy.
- Produce end to end design documents from concept to hand off, including user flows, wireframes, mock ups, prototypes and final polished designs.
- Frequently conduct user research and testing, while creating a feedback loop with clients.
- Present and communicate designs and solutions to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with marketing to produce collateral for various events and campaigns.
- 3+ years of UX/UI/Graphic design experience.
- Be able to provide a solid portfolio with examples of your previous work.
- Prior experience in a start-up or product team.
- Experience designing for both print and digital mediums.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Ability to iterate on designs with quick turnaround times.
- Passionate about all things UX and design related and up to date on the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a team.
- Impeccable visual design skills and attention to detail (including layout design and selecting color palettes, imagery and text styles).
- Ability to establish and promote design standards and guidelines for the product.
- Experience planning and conducting user research and testing including A/B testing and rapid prototyping.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expertise in standard UX/design/prototyping software such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when decision making.
- Passionate about their work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.