With our POS and retail management solutions found in over 19,000 stores, iQmetrix is the largest retail software provider for the North American wireless industry. Beyond our POS, we offer powerful business intelligence, endless aisle, drop ship, e-commerce, and payment solutions, as well as an integrated network of over 35 partners – enabling us to be the single solution to multiple retail challenges. For nearly 20 years, we’ve proven our ability to be the #1 company for supporting wireless retail growth; helping carriers, dealers, and repair providers invest in software that reduces costly inefficiencies, increases profitability, and speeds up transaction times to create great customer experiences. Learn more at www.iQmetrix.com.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQmetrix:
This role is accountable for developing software solutions for the Endless Aisle + Digital Signage product.
- Writing software solutions that meet requirements defined by the Business Analyst and Technical Lead
- Testing new functionality before merging into the main project
- Providing input into estimation through sprint planning.
- Reporting progress on tasks and communicating blockers to Endless Aisle team members daily.
- Coordinating details of product interdependencies with developers in other circles
- Soliciting feedback and input from Business Analyst and UX Designer early and often during the development of each user story
- Monitoring production performance statistics and submitting bugs for progressively degrading changes
- Adding test code coverage for new or existing code where applicable
- Monitoring and processing pull requests for production deployment
- Maintaining automated tests
- Communicating with the Product Manager and Technical Lead about any potential delay in stories, including stories at risk of missing scheduled cutoffs for releases
- Communicating with UX Designer when new features are complete and ready for review (prior to releasing to Production)
- Awesome communication skills
- 2-5 years of experience writing software solutions
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Ability to collaborate with team members
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and technical standards
- Experience with Unity, microservice architecture, Azure, and automated builds and deploys considered an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work, always looking at new ways to solve a problem.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agenda.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.