Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
Purpose: Our employees are set up with cost-effective software, hardware and IT support services to allow them to perform at their best.
Department: IT Services and Support
- Resolving IT support request tickets for our employees in US and Canadian offices
- Purchasing software and hardware as scheduled in the Internal Systems forecast and by end user request
- Provisioning on-premise and cloud software applications as requested by end users
- Deprovisioning accounts and services as part of the employee offboarding process
- Researching and testing computer and devices for use by end users
- Upgrading end user computer hardware on a 3 - 4 year cycle (as the hardware or employee role requires)
- Participating in IT projects as required, such as new software, hardware or service rollouts, offices moves or expansions
- Educating employees and contractors on best practices for IT services through End User Guides on the Wiki and answering questions on Slack
- Maintaining an IT asset inventory system for hardware, software, licenses and accessories to be ready for deployment on user request
- Provisioning and troubleshooting end user telephony issues
- Reassigning and/or escalating IT support issues to the appropriate internal support and product circles
- Assisting systems administration projects and tasks as required
- Resolving and escalating printer issues to managed printer partners
- 3-4 years working experience providing both remote and onsite IT support in medium to large organizations
- Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 knowledge
- Basic to intermediate wired and wireless network troubleshooting skills
- Basic Active Directory experience, such as User and Group administration
- Office365 and Exchange Online user administration and support
- Experience supporting other Microsoft products (Visual Studio, Visio, Skype for Business) on both Windows
- Advanced smart phone and tablet knowledge (Android, iOS and Windows Phone)
- Experience with audio-visual equipment and video conferencing systems (such as Polycom and Zoom)
- Experience with Microsoft System Center suite (SCCM) for imaging and application management
- Cisco IP phone management
- A+ certification
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when decision making.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.