Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
- Want a glimpse into life in the Q? Check out our blog.
- Top 10 Reasons to Join iQmetrix (view the full list)
- Peek into our five offices on our Staff Lipdub Video!
- Check out our giveback initiatives
- Our YouTube channel including numerous videos on iQmetrix and what we do
- Our recent iQmetrix Odyssey trip
Can you analyze vague concepts, hard data, and random thoughts then pull them all together in a well written manner with amazing clarity and accuracy? Do you love to ask questions & solve problems, explore solutions, and learn about how new businesses tick?
We call this role our Business Analyst, but our colleagues with this title will tell you it’s a more comprehensive, less defined, more challenging and more exciting role than a traditional BA role. This position needs a person that manages iterative product development until it delivers value for our customers.
- Lead stakeholder interviews, group facilitation, and other requirements gathering exercises in-order-to build process flows and business requirements
- Translate business needs into Epics, User Stories, Scenarios and Personas
- Work in an agile team alongside product owners, developers and architects for a retail centric SaaS product, ensuring that the project deliverables meet business specifications
- Act as a customer representative to internal development teams to build a solution that satisfies customer needs
- Work with stakeholders and small cross-functional product development teams to prioritize requirements & manage a products roadmap
- Present business recommendations and technical functional specifications to audiences that include Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Architects, Business Owners & Leadership
- As a BA at iQ you should have an in-depth knowledge of technology, process and methodology as well as an insatiable desire to learn new techniques and tools.
It goes without question that you’re a great multi-tasker & have outstanding interpersonal skills. You’re also a take-charge kind of person who asks lots of questions while having a positive attitude & lots of energy. Here are some of the specifics:
- 3+ years experience in defining requirements for a software product, working closely with both the User Experience and the Development teams
- 5+ years working in a professional services environment or within an industry vertical in a business systems planning role
- A university degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Experience project planning with Jira in an Agile environment
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when decision making.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.