iQmetrix is a privately-held software as a service (SaaS) company that leads the way for simplifying complicated industries and helping businesses deliver great experiences. We specialize in POS, retail management, e-commerce, and interactive retail technology to deliver a complete experience from start to finish of any transaction. You can find our offices in Canada and the U.S. Learn more about iQmetrix and our subsidiaries at www.iQmetrix.com, www.Covasoft.com, and www.ReadyToPay.com.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
As a member of the DevOps and Delivery Engineering team, you will focus on maximizing the potential of our development teams. You will build systems to streamline development and manage client applications and services hosted in the cloud. You will support a 'Release Early, Release Often' philosophy and require strong technical skills along with ingenuity and attention to detail.
This role is an excellent opportunity for growth as you will work closely with employees across all development teams, DBA teams, infrastructure operations teams and architects.
- Manage cloud platform-as-a-service resources so teams have room to grow
- Develop, architect and introduce improvements to multi-team build/test/deploy systems
- Research new technologies and tools that can help us automate and scale our systems
- Implement scalable systems for resource orchestration and configuration
- Develop tools to monitor service health
- Script repeatable tasks for reliability and scalability
- Real-world experience managing cloud resources under Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience creating, implementing, and maintaining automated deployment pipelines
- Experience with Git source control
- Experience with Powershell and/or Ruby scripting
- Enthusiasm for DevOps practices and principles
- Comfortable working within geographically-dispersed teams
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to help people
- Previous Windows or Linux SysAdmin experience
- Previous Software Development experience
- Familiar with .NET stack including IIS
- Familiar with mobile development stack including iOS and Android
- Familiar with front/back end Node and JS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, or DSC
- Experience with TeamCity or Octopus Deploy
- Experience with New Relic, Loggly, Graphite
- Familiar with Holacracy
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when decision making.
- Passionate about their work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.