Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
Purpose of this Role:
To plan and deliver meaningful features that add to the successes of the RQ product line (Our core product).
- Acting as a product expert to assist on any internal or external questions about the product
- Researching the wireless industry in order to understand how the RQ product line meets the needs of the wireless industry today and how it can improve and evolve over time
- Collecting feedback from users and creating applicable user stories
- Working with applicable stakeholders to identify the business problem that needs to be solved and creating applicable user stories
- Writing and collecting necessary details for feature development
- Requesting any necessary mock-ups from UX Designers
- Validating mock-ups will meet the needs of a feature's purpose
- Communicating requirements progress to the Project Manager
- Engaging QA early in requirements gathering in order to obtain test cases
- Following the life cycle of a feature from conception to delivery
- Testing and critiquing features at various points in the development stage for any additional changes prior to a feature's release
- Communicating suggestions for valuable new features to the Product Manager
- Collaborating with other requirement writers for the RQ product to create templates for requirements
- Reviewing requirements done by other BA's
- Retail industry/big box knowledge and experience (a plus)
- 2-3 years experience in a previous Business Analyst role
- Bachelor's degree (a plus)
- Previous experience with requirements writing and/or project management
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and advanced Microsoft Excel
- Previous retail wireless experience in IT/software support role
- Strong understanding of customer retention drivers
- Analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in gathering information from multiple sources to deliver summary results
- Strong facilitation and meeting delivery skills
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when decision making.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.