Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQmetrix:
Purpose of the Role and About Our Team:
Writes best in class code, continuously improving the software through every line added, modified, and removed.
RQ Payments is a small development team responsible for integrating iQmetrix’s payment processing solutions into our flagship POS application, RQ. We work closely with the RQ and Payment Solutions development teams to integrate into RQ all of the various services involved in processing payment cards and maintaining the devices used for capturing payment card information.
- Implementing user stories, tasks, bug fixes, performance improvements, refactoring
- Testing their code changes in a feature branch before submitting a pull request
- Merging their feature branches into the dev line once approved
- Participating in pull requests
- Validating that any changes do not negatively impact the user experience
- Providing input into estimation through sprint planning.
- Reporting progress on tasks and communicating blockers to team members daily.
- Coordinating details of product inter-dependencies with developers in other circles
- Soliciting feedback and input from Business Analyst early and often during the development of each user story
- Monitoring performance statistics and submitting bugs for progressively degrading changes
- Working to continually improve development skills
- Monitoring diagnostics/logs in Dev while developing new features and fixing bugs to make sure “silent” errors aren’t cluttering the logs.
- Identifying low-graded code and creating a task with the "Tech Debt" tag so that it can be addressed
- Building unit tests into new features
- Removing Test/Feature Databases and Branches when they are no longer needed
Senior Developer Expectations:
- Leading projects and initiatives to completion
- Mastery in the software development discipline, including mentoring other team members
- Provides meaningful feedback, actively seeks feedback from others.
- Is a go-to resource and is a subject matter expert in multiple products or functions, including the ability to build solutions across multiple products or functions.
- Consistently makes appropriate choices given the business context and mentors others in doing the same.
- Proactively designs systems that prevent system issues from affecting end users, builds monitoring into systems that detect problems before end users do.
- At least 5 years experience writing software solutions
- Passion for improving code and exploring new technologies
- Ability to evaluate and communicate relative merits of technical solutions to business problems
- Aptitude for working independently while coordinating with a small team
- Experience with building C# .Net applications using WPF, XAML and WCF
- Experience with a variety of Automated Testing methodologies (Unit, Integration, etc.)
- An understanding of Design Patterns, and practical usage of them
- Experience with refactoring large code-bases
- Knowledge of RESTful Micro-Services and Cloud Architecture
- Any banking or retail payment processing software experience
- Familiarity with secure development practices
- Familiarity with PCI requirements for handling of cardholder data
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when decision making.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.