Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
This specific role will be accountable for team management of the Database Administration group. As a senior member of the team you will be accountable for the system uptime, performance and data integrity. You will manage external and internal expectations for the team. Provide guidance to members of the team while planning training and performance reviews and setting expectations. Another accountability of the role is also architecting database design and growth strategies. As the lead of the team you will be able to help shape the vision of IQ’s data environment.
- Steward of database operations planning and strategy
- Budget management and planning
- Manage contracts/expectations with vendors
- Maintaining/Planning appropriate memory and disk space to ensure system performance
- Troubleshooting live database issues efficiently
- Maintaining the indexes and indexing strategies
- Assessing database integrity issues
- Fixing data integrity issues or assigning the issue to another team member as necessary
- Coordinating patching activities with other operational needs
- Conducting established security check protocol
- Considering and granting security access requests
- Reviewing availability groups and assessing for high availability
- Designing and communicating a disaster recovery plan
- Performing/Planning SQL upgrades
- Maintenance of MongoDB servers
- Performing/Planning upgrades of MongoDB Servers
- On call rotation required
- Escalation for team members with high priority issues
- 10 or more years of experience with SQL Server.
- Any experience with MongoDB.
- Advanced T-SQL querying ability.
- An educational background in computer science or software engineering is an asset.
- Familiarity with software release cycles is an asset.
- Experience managing a team of people is an asset.
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.