With our POS and retail management solutions found in over 19,000 stores, iQmetrix is the largest retail software provider for the North American wireless industry. Beyond our POS, we offer powerful business intelligence, endless aisle, drop ship, e-commerce, and payment solutions, as well as an integrated network of over 35 partners – enabling us to be the single solution to multiple retail challenges. For nearly 20 years, we’ve proven our ability to be the #1 company for supporting wireless retail growth; helping carriers, dealers, and repair providers invest in software that reduces costly inefficiencies, increases profitability, and speeds up transaction times to create great customer experiences. Learn more at www.iQmetrix.com.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
As the Support Operations Manager, you will be the primary onsite Operational Support resource and responsible for delivering operational services including monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting for the iQmetrix environment, specifically with our client, Cricket Wireless while representing iQmetrix in a professional manner. Cricket Wireless’ successful engagement with iQmetrix is the number one priority!
To be successful in this role, the Support Ops Manager will have a commanding knowledge of Cricket’s expectations and iQmetrix’ commitments to the client and work to ensure we are delivering beyond the client’s needs. The main objective is ensuring iQmetrix Operations and Support is aligned with the Cricket Wireless IT Operations team across all projects and initiatives. This responsibility will require focused efforts being on the needs of Cricket’s IT Operations group. This role will be highly integrated, working closely with Cricket Wireless’ IT, Hardware, QA, and Delivery teams, and will report directly to iQmetrix’ Account Executive for Cricket.
- Manage an onsite operations team responsible for monitoring systems, applications, and infrastructure for events that will have a future or imminent impact on the Cricket environment and business operations.
- Coordinating with Cricket IT Operations to ensure communication between iQmetrix and Cricket Operations is consistent.
- Coordinating with offsite iQmetrix Operations and Support teams to ensure we are delivering on needs and expectations.
- Documenting recurring issues as underlying problems, assigning the problems to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Working with key partners and service providers to ensure that monitoring and incident management activities are being executed in alignment with contractual requirements.
- Produce weekly reports with operational status updates to internal stakeholders and externally to our client on all open issues, project statuses, risks, and critical updates
- Provide monthly reporting on contractual SLA performance. Communicating this information to iQmetrix and Cricket stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all Operational Support needs and expectations are met by onsite and offsite resources.
- Support iQmetrix project delivery initiatives prior to and on release day
- Act as onsite escalation for operations projects, milestones, defects and work back with iQmetrix team to deliver a timely resolution
- Work directly with client’s hardware team and be familiar with their technology stack in each environment
- Develop, nurture and maintain strong client relations
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation that describes all Operational processes used by the IT Operations team that touch iQmetrix systems
- Participate in project discussions and follow up on all iQmetrix action items
- Attend recurring IT Operations meetings and represent iQmetrix for each active project
- Provide ongoing follow up and resolution to client issues and close all client concerns (operations, support and defect related)
- Work closely with iQmetrix Delivery Directory (onsite) and Project Management team on any initiatives. Ensure that Operational considerations are met and brought to attention of Cricket IT Operations and iQmetrix Operations leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Familiarity with IT Operations disciplines and practices
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop commanding technical knowledge of the infrastructure and architecture deployed in Cricket Wireless’ retail point of sale IT environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Proven ability to influence and impact change
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience (5+ years) providing first class support to top tier clients
- Previous operational management technical experience
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.