With our POS and retail management solutions found in over 19,000 stores, iQmetrix is the largest retail software provider for the North American wireless industry. Beyond our POS, we offer powerful business intelligence, endless aisle, drop ship, e-commerce, and payment solutions, as well as an integrated network of over 35 partners – enabling us to be the single solution to multiple retail challenges. For nearly 20 years, we’ve proven our ability to be the #1 company for supporting wireless retail growth; helping carriers, dealers, and repair providers invest in software that reduces costly inefficiencies, increases profitability, and speeds up transaction times to create great customer experiences. Learn more at www.iQmetrix.com.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
As an Operations Analyst, you will be an onsite Operations Support resource and responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting on Operational issues with our client, Cricket Wireless while representing iQmetrix in a professional manner. Cricket Wireless’ successful engagement with iQmetrix is the number one priority!
To be successful in this role, the Operations Analyst will have a commanding knowledge of Cricket’s expectations and iQmetrix’ commitments to the client and work to ensure we are delivering beyond the client’s needs. The main objective is ensuring the support and operational needs or Cricket are met and the environment is stable. This responsibility will require focused efforts being on the needs of Cricket’s IT Operations group. This role will be highly integrated, working closely with Cricket Wireless’ IT, Hardware, QA, and Delivery teams, and will report directly to iQmetrix’ Operations Manager for Cricket.
- Member of an onsite team responsible for monitoring systems, applications, and infrastructure for events that will have a future or imminent impact on the environment and business operations, and ensuring that such issues are brought to the attention of the required internal and external teams for prompt resolution and overall management of the incident.
- Representing iQmetrix at all recurring meetings with Cricket IT Operations, Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Providing updates on open defects and production issues to Cricket IT Operations, Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Work closely with Cricket IT Operations and Incident Management to ensure all operational needs are met.
- Actively participating in requirements gathering for the development of the systems, applications, and infrastructure being monitored and alerted upon through implemented solutions.
- Continually assess the monitoring, correlation, and alerting solutions to maximize the number of pertinent events being identified, while continuing to minimize false positives.
- Gathering business and technical information regarding solutions used within the environment in an effort to determine the specific services and functions required to be monitored.
- Working with key partners and service providers to ensure that monitoring and incident management activities are being executed in alignment with contractual requirements.
- Documenting recurring issues as underlying problems, assigning the problems to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Assist with documenting, implementing, and maintaining team process, procedure, and any other documentation required to ensure that the team possesses the information required to perform assigned tasks in alignment with expectations and requirements.
- Contributing to the design and developing availability management dashboards for internal and external consumption, in order to provide varying levels of visibility into the issues being encountered within the environment, both real-time and over extended periods.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of ticketing solution enhancement efforts, with the intent to streamline monitoring, alerting, and incident management efforts.
- Suggesting, collecting, and implementing process improvements, based upon lessons learned.
- 3-5+ years IT experience
- Experience developing and maintaining large development projects is desirable
- Experience managing availability management / event monitoring solutions is desirable
- Experience building and/or configuring centralized logging, correlation, and alerting solutions is desirable
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills when discussing both technical and non-technical topics at all levels of the organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Able to remain calm and diplomatic in high stress situations
- Able to track and manage a large number of simultaneous activities, as well as cross-team dependent activities
- Able to work collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Effectively escalates items as required, and can influence decisions and actions without direct authority
- Able to manage shift schedules and enforce corresponding expectations
- Able to learn new technologies and processes quickly
- Able to quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- Able to work off hours when required
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.