Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
About our API Team:
We make it easy for our customers and partners to access iQmetrix commerce capabilities and data via iQmetrix APIs. We provide launch and support services, and more importantly steward the health of our community of third-party developers who integrate and implement our APIs.
As an API Support Specialist you will be responsible for creating a great experience for external developers integrating with our Platform APIs by:
Facilitating onboarding process for client and partner developers
Investigating technical integration issues and stewarding them to successful resolution
Automating and streamlining onboarding processes
This role is an excellent opportunity for growth as you will be working closely with external developers and internal development teams, BA, technical writers, support team and API Design group to improve the overall developer experience (DX) and streamline Platform integrations.
- Daily Support Queue Management including ticket triage, trouble shooting, identifying and resolving API Support issues.
- Communicate with internal development teams to identify support issues that need to be escalated.
- Work closely with API Support Operations to report on ticket issues and third-party developer feedback.
- Setting up clients and partners for API access
- On-boarding client and partner developers
- Complete project integration tasks assigned by API Support Operations
- Troubleshooting issues external developers encounter during integration
- Answer ongoing questions related to APIs
- Provide feedback to our technical writer to improve API documentation
- Work with API Support Operations to identify inefficiencies and update processes in support flows and other processes.
- Excellent customer service skills are essential in this role as we like to provide our clients the white glove level of customer service.
- Excellent communication skills. Your primary audience will be developers. However, you might have to deal with BA, QA & PM folks occasionally.
- Excellent writing skills your primary modes of communication will be through our ticket system, email and messaging systems and you must have confidence in your abilities.
- Creative writing skills are a huge asset as you will be assisting in the development of many documents that are important to the External API team
- Working knowledge of API concepts and REST architectural style
- Working knowledge of Postman, curl and other tools required for testing APIs.
- Although experience is an asset we don’t mind if you have a new-shiny-ball syndrome in the API testing tools area, we can help you learn what you need to know
- Can’t be afraid of code. You might not be an expert but you should be willing to learn as you go.
- Previous hands-on experience developing or consuming web APIs
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.