Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQmetrix:
This role is accountable for developing software solutions in the iQmetrix Integrations business space. This can include developing performant and scalable integrations with new third party APIs, as well as web services and applications for both user facing and internal tooling to configure and support our systems.
As an intermediate developer your scope of influence will grow with the organization to take on additional accountabilities as your reputation builds and leadership skills get demonstrated.
- Developing performant and scalable integrations with new third party APIs
- Maintaining and improving our existing integrations in RQ and RQ Mobile
- Working with business analysts to ensure the right solution is being developed for our partners
- Investigating production issues
Software Developer Expectations
- Mastery in the software development discipline, including mentoring other team members
- Provides meaningful feedback, actively seeks feedback from others.
- To develop into a go-to resource and a subject matter expert in multiple products or functions, including the ability to build solutions across multiple products or functions.
- Consistently makes appropriate choices given the business context.
- Proactively designs systems that prevent system issues from affecting end users, builds monitoring into systems that detect problems before end users do.
- At least 3 years’ experience writing software solutions
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment, and can handle the entire software development life cycle
- An understanding of Design Patterns, and practical usage of them
- C#, .NET or any high level language and a willingness to learn
- Experience with modern web frameworks (react, angular, vue, etc)
- Knowledge of testing patterns, and when to apply them
- WPF, XAML
- REST APIs, JSON, YAML
- Azure, Azure Service Bus, Azure Web Apps, Azure Cloud Services
- Distributed Systems, Messaging Patterns, Enterprise Integration Patterns, Domain-Driven Design
- SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis
- Visual Studio, ReSharper, NCrunch
- Git, Team Foundation Server
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work, willing to go that extra mile without being asked to do so.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.