Enterprise Solution Architect
Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
As an Enterprise Solution Architect you will ensure to bridge the gap between specific business problems that arise with our client (Cricket) and the solutions which are needed to support them. You will also ensure that projects comply with the current Enterprise Architecture.
- Working on complex SaaS architectures.
- Ensuring projects are being delivered in the right way.
- Communicating project and systems designs to clients’ technical staff.
- Training, coaching and mentoring of all Technology staff on the architecture, domain design and high level design of the existing system.
- Keep on top of software architecture best practices, processes and technologies.
- Responsible for the review and overall justification of key technologies. Justification must describe the advantages and disadvantages of similar or competing solutions.
- Discovering, modeling, and mapping business processes to the system architecture
- Ensuring the completion and quality of projects
- Ensuring projects meet the scalability, supportability, security and performance requirements
- Assess solution options, risks and benefit as it pertains to architecture, security, and other technology dimensions
- 5+ years hands-on experience building complex solutions, ideally SaaS in the cloud
- 5+ years of customer-facing experience, preferably in the enterprise space
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Demonstrable experience in developing visionary and actionable deliverables like architecture vision, architect definition, roadmaps, solution blueprints, design specifications and procedures.
- Able to communicate to all levels of an organization, including C-level stakeholders.
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.