Senior Software Developer – Payments
Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQmetrix:
This role is accountable for developing software solutions in the Payment Processing business space. This can include back end services like our Payment Gateway, pinpad / terminal integrations in our client side payment application, as well as web services and applications for both user facing and internal tooling to configure and support our systems.
As a senior developer your scope of influence will grow with the organization to take on additional accountabilities as your reputation builds and leadership skills get demonstrated.
- Writing software solutions that meet requirements defined by your Project Development Lead
- Investigating and resolving defects found in Payments software solutions.
- Writing Tests (unit, regression, system, acceptance) as required for the solution integrity defined by Release Manager
- Documenting APIs changed or created
- Reviewing code when requested by another Developer or Release Manager
- Supporting the Payments team with technical details required to complete their tasks
- Submitting your code changes for review once all Tests are passing for the impacted solution
Senior Software Developer Expectations
- Leading projects and initiatives to completion
- Mastery in the software development discipline, including mentoring other team members
- Provides meaningful feedback, actively seeks feedback from others.
- Is a go-to resource and is a subject matter expert in multiple products or functions, including the ability to build solutions across multiple products or functions.
- Develops code quickly and correctly. Knows when to take shortcuts and how to isolate the impact of them.
- Consistently makes appropriate choices given the business context and mentors others in doing the same.
- Proactively designs systems that prevent system issues from affecting end users, builds monitoring into systems that detect problems before end users do.
- At least 5 years’ experience writing software solutions
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment, and can handle the entire software development life cycle
- Experience leading other software developers
- An understanding of Design Patterns, and practical usage of them
- C#, .NET or any high level language and a willingness to learn
- Experience with modern web frameworks (react, angular, vue, etc)
- Knowledge of testing patterns, and when to apply them
- Any banking or retail payment processing software experience
- eCommerce payments
- Familiarity with secure development practices, encryption patterns, OWASP top 10
- PCI requirements for handling of cardholder data
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.