Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
- Want a glimpse into life in the Q? Check out our blog.
- Top 10 Reasons to Join iQmetrix (view the full list)
- Peek into our four offices on our Staff Lipdub Video!
- Check out our giveback initiatives: https://www.freshgigs.ca/blog/creative-cultures-iqmetrix-lives-up-to-its-give-back-values/
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB439A6503F6AB863 (Our YouTube channel with numerous videos on iQmetrix and what we do)
- Our recent iQmetrix Odyssey: http://www.iqmetrix.com/culture/blog/iqmetrix-odyssey-in-oahu-hawaii
The Payroll Analyst has responsibility ensuring the accurate, timely and confidential preparation, of US and CDN company payroll and the administration of our benefit plans. This position also has a significant focus on supporting the Finance and People and Culture activities of the organization.
- Working within Oracle Fusion payroll and Taleo HR systems to prepare bi-monthly payrolls - this includes all elements of full cycle payroll (which would include updating any other systems like GWL; this will include all data entry into the payroll and related HR system. Final audit of every payroll run will reside with Payroll Administrator
- Participate in developing corrective measures to improve processing, minimize errors, comply with labour agreements and various laws, meet deadlines and document processes
- Check and distribute all payroll documents;
- Respond to enquiries as required;
- Prepare Records of Employment and manual cheques as required;
- Process appropriate deductions, remittances and reporting requirements for deductions and benefits as required by legislation and company processes;
- Complete year end procedures as required (i.e. T4's, T4A's, W2’s, filing annual government returns, etc);
- Perform biweekly and adhoc payroll validation.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and oversee procedure documentation and training of the team
- Work closely with HR programs and operations leaders on cross-functional, continuous improvement initiatives.
- Administration of CDN and US benefit plans including employee eligibility, enrollment, answering inquiries, cost analysis and premium reconciliation;
- Maintaining all employee records and payroll filing system.
- Stay abreast of best business practices regarding payroll
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion payroll and Taleo HR systems
- Experience working in a multi-jurisdictional organization with significant size is highly preferred
- Completion Level 1 Payroll Compliance Practitioner (Canadian Payroll Association) advantageous
- Certificate or diploma in Human Resources administration a definite asset
- Knowledge of accounting and spreadsheets also an asset
- Knowledge of US payroll and regulations advantageous;
- Knowledge of benefits and applicable legislation advantageous
- Good organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook Calendar;
- Strong communication and inter-personnel skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work, willing to go that extra mile without being asked to do so.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.