Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQMetrix:
This specific role will be accountable for Leading our Shared Services department. The Shared Services department works on software development and support initiatives that help provide economies of scale to all the product teams across iQmetrix. There are 11 product teams that will fall under your accountability.
- Providing internal customers of Shared Services with the right data to make appropriate business decisions when using Shared Services.
- Providing performance feedback to each development team to ensure they are hitting their desired metrics.
- Supporting each Team Lead (from teams listed above) on their accountabilities, including ensuring each team has the right people for each role, that they are utilizing team resources to their fullest and prioritizing tasks in line with overall company goals.
- Measuring and reporting on usage and consumption of each team within Shared Services.
- Reallocating resources within teams in accordance with usage data.
- Monitoring Profit and Loss (P&L) for each team and making decisions on how to best move forward and improve so each team has a positive contribution to the bottom line.
- 8-10 years experience working closely with software development teams from a functional capacity.
- You spent time working as a developer and understand the software development cycle.
- You have worked in an Agile development environment and have a clear understanding of how to operate within that framework.
- An educational background in computer engineering is a must.
- Familiarity with .NET and C# programming is an asset.
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas. Someone who understands the importance of P&L responsibilities and how it fits into the big picture of a company.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.