Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQmetrix:
- Check out our giveback initiatives: https://www.freshgigs.ca/blog/creative-cultures-iqmetrix-lives-up-to-its-give-back-values/
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB439A6503F6AB863 (Our YouTube channel with numerous videos on iQmetrix and what we do)
- Our recent iQmetrix Odyssey: http://www.iqmetrix.com/culture/blog/iqmetrix-odyssey-in-oahu-hawaii
You’re a born storyteller with a slightly neurotic sense of duty when it comes to attention to detail. You’ve probably already scanned this entire application for potential errors and ways to enhance boring sentences. You know tone is achieved at the keyboard and not at the gym. But you also know good content doesn’t just fall into your lap – you must go out and get it. So naturally, when you’re not behind your laptop, you can be found among the people, building relationships, and swapping stories. You’re the voice of a company that believes fiercely in creating great experiences – and you refuse to stop until the you’ve shared those great experiences with the world!
- Develops concepts and ideas for advertising, marketing materials, and campaigns including blog posts, emails, contributed articles, case studies, white papers, press releases, and other digital marketing and print content.
- Responsible for copywriting and editing all content, communications, and other materials to support the marketing team’s and company’s objectives.
- Generates imaginative ideas with other members of the creative services/marketing team.
- Develops fresh story ideas to promote brand awareness.
- Accountable for content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and leads that converts to sales or increased customer retention.
- Collaborates across functions to deliver an effective content marketing program and editorial plan.
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone.
- Management of all creative resources including designers, writers, and other 3rd-party content partners.
- Management of iQmetrix’s blog and e-newsletters, including curation, editing, contribution, distribution, and subscriber growth.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and online community presence.
- Provide feedback and coaching to other content contributors to help develop a team of strong writers and storytellers.
- Write, edit, proofread, fact-check, and coordinate production of a variety of corporate and marketing communications materials. Ensure communications are accurate, clear, and complete; correct in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and editorial style; and that they maintain a consistent tone and voice.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in collateral creation, internal and external communications, digital marketing such as web content and email campaigns, direct marketing, social media, and digital advertising.
- Familiarity with the principals of inbound marketing. (Bonus points for knowledge of Account Based Marketing.)
- Editorial mindset that seeks to tell a story and understand what audiences find helpful.
- Project management skills and gymnastic-like agility when it comes to managing the priorities of multiple stakeholders with the ability to react quickly to changing demands, feedback, and tight deadlines.
- Proficient experience in copywriting and editing. (Spelling and grammar errors hurt your soul.)
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Passion for developing metrics-driven strategies. (Where are we going? Higher!)
- A creative yet practical mind.
- BSc/BA in marketing, communications, journalism, a related field or you have a famous relative.
- A sense of humour. (Just kidding… but seriously.)
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work. A lead who will not just tell teams what to do, but inspire them to do their best work.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agendas.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
- Not afraid to stick by their decisions and justify them, but willing to admit and learn from mistakes.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.