Founded by wireless retailers, iQmetrix is the leading provider of innovative software solutions for the wireless market. With platform-built, metrics-driven products from POS and full-suite retail management software, to endless aisle, dropship, e-commerce, and digital signage, iQmetrix has taken its unique understanding of the pain points in the industry to create better experiences for wireless retailers and their customers.
iQmetrix has rated among the Top 50 Best Small & Medium Employers in Canada for five years in a row. We have free fitness classes, hobby groups for everything from a board game club to numerous sports teams, beer taps and a Retirement Planning Program consisting of a matching RRSP and/or Employee Share Ownership component. We balance hard work with a commitment to lifestyle, competitive benefits and exciting perks, but what really make iQmetrix a great place to work are our fun and smart employees!
Take a look at the links below to get a feeling for what it’s like working at iQmetrix:
- Check out our giveback initiatives: https://www.freshgigs.ca/blog/creative-cultures-iqmetrix-lives-up-to-its-give-back-values/
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB439A6503F6AB863 (Our YouTube channel with numerous videos on iQmetrix and what we do)
- Our recent iQmetrix Odyssey: http://www.iqmetrix.com/culture/blog/iqmetrix-odyssey-in-oahu-hawaii
This role is accountable for developing software solutions in the Payment Processing business space. This can include back end services like our Payment Gateway, pinpad/terminal integrations on our client-side payment application, as well as web services and applications for both user facing and internal tooling to configure and support our systems.
- Writing software solutions that meet requirements defined by your Project Development Lead
- Investigating and resolving defects found in Payments software solutions.
- Writing Tests (unit, regression, system, acceptance) as required for the solution integrity defined by Release Manager
- Documenting APIs changed or created
- Reviewing code when requested by another Developer or Release Manager
- Supporting the Payments team with technical details required to complete their tasks
- Submitting your code changes for review once all Tests are passing for the impacted solution.
- A 3-5 years’ experience writing software solutions
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- C#, .NET or any high level language and a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of testing patterns, and when to apply them
- An understanding of Design Patterns
Nice to Have:
- Any banking or retail payment processing software experience
- eCommerce payments
- Familiarity with secure development practices, encryption patterns, OWASP top 10
- PCI requirements for handling of cardholder data
What does it mean to be an iQer?
- Communication Skills and Emotional Intelligence, someone who can listen to others and take multiple perspectives into consideration when making a decision.
- Passionate about their work, always looking at new ways to solve a problem.
- Someone with interpersonal skills who can build strong relationships from scratch.
- Humility, someone not afraid to admit their mistakes and work towards preventing them in the future.
- Thinks about the health of the company before personal agenda.
- Being a self starter, able to dive into the work without fear of making a mistake.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to an evolving environment will go a long way at iQmetrix.
If you are interested in joining our company and are committed to succeeding, please submit your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interested, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.